History of the Robert Johnson House AnnapolisThe Robert Johnson House in Annapolis has an interesting history. The house is actually three buildings in one. The first part of the Johnson House was built in 1773 by the grandson of an Annapolis barber who owned the lot. The second building was built in the 1800s, and used as a law office. The third building was built in the 1790s by a cabinet and musical instrument maker.
The Robert Johnson House has also been a tailor shop, and most recently apartments until the Historic Inns of Annapolis purchased the 29-room property, which today still looks out on the Governor's Mansion and Maryland State House.