Skip to main content
Meeting Rooms in Historic Inns Annapolis

Meeting Rooms

With more than 10,000 square feet of flexible conference and event rooms, the Historic Inns of Annapolis can accommodate groups from 10-400 guests. State-of-the-art audio and visual equipment and high-speed Internet is provided for conferences and gatherings, combining tradition with modern comforts to capture the charm of the historic maritime location. From gourmet catering to professional planning assistance, the Historic Inns of Annapolis offer the perfect space for every event.

The Maryland Inn

CROWN & CRAB Meeting Room of Historic Inns Annapolis

CROWN & CRAB

  • Located in the lower level of the Maryland Inn, right off Main Street, this room is 403 sq. feet. It boasts a decorative fireplace and historic charm.
  • This meeting room gets its name from the blue crab, which is widely known as the Maryland Blue Crab. More than one-third of the nation's catch of blue crab comes from the bountiful waters of the beautiful Chesapeake Bay. Blue crabs have the highest value of any commercial fishery and generate over $55 million in revenues each year for the state of Maryland. A favorite food of Maryland locals, the blue crab is the most popular and lucrative catch of the Chesapeake Bay.
Anne Arundel Meeting Rooms of Historic Inns Annapolis

Anne Arundel

  • Located on the lobby level of the Maryland Inn, this quaint room is 315 sq. feet. It features a large non-working Fireplace and is often used combined with the Duke of Gloucester Room.
  • This meeting room is named after Anne Arundel, a Royal Princess and the wife of a "Calvert." In 1695, then Governor Francis Nicholson changed the name of our town from Anne Arundel Town to Annapolis ("Anne's City"). Two churches were built in Anne's honor. The main church, St. Anne's, is located in the middle of Church Circle.
Duke of Gloucester Meeting Rooms of Historic Inns Annapolis

Duke of Gloucester

  • Located on the lobby level of the Maryland Inn, this 990 sq. foot room is full of grand Victorian Charm. It features four large windows, 2 Fireplaces (1 of which is electric), Grand Chandeliers and beautiful Crown Molding.  This room is often used in combination with the Anne Arundel Room. 
  • The Duke of Gloucester room was named after the only son of Queen Anne and Prince of Denmark to survive to infancy when born in 1689. Tragically, Duke William only survived to the age of 11. The title of "Duke of Gloucester" was often conferred upon one of the sons of the reigning monarch. A street named after William and bearing his title is located behind the Maryland Inn.
Treaty of Paris

Treaty of Paris Restaurant

  • The Treaty of Paris restaurant was an active gathering spot for many years along with its adjoining pub, the Drummer's Lot. It is ideal for a breakout lunch space for your meeting at the Crown & Crab or Duke of Gloucester. Feeling social? Make a memorable event and host your breakfast wedding brunch, baby shower, bridal shower or rehearsal dinner in our quaint and intimate space.

GOVERNOR CALVERT HOUSE

Governor Calvert Ballroom Meeting of Historic Inns Annapolis

Governor Calvert Ballroom

  • Located directly off our beautiful Atrium, this 2415 sq. foot Ballroom features beautiful chandeliers & French Doors out to our lovely Terrace. This room can also be divided into (3) sections - our East, Calvert & West Chambers. There are also four breakout rooms across the hall, making this the perfect space to host your next meeting. 
  • Located at 58 State Circle, the Governor Calvert House is the former home of Charles Calvert, the second provincial governor of Maryland from 1720 - 1727. The lobby of this historic inn was the actual home of Governor Calvert and his wife Rebecca Gerard tastefully restored and furnished it. Today, this elegant ballroom is a lovely venue for receptions and banquets.
Jonas Green Meeting Rooms of Historic Inns Annapolis

Jonas Green

  • Located in the Governor Calvert House, this 520 sq. foot room is the perfect location for your next meeting. It has windows looking into our Atrium and also has access to the Jonas Green Courtyard located conveniently across the hall.
  • This room honors Jonas Green who was known throughout the colonies as the public printer of Maryland from 1738 until his passing in 1767. During that time he printed the "Maryland Gazette" as well as poetry, essays and sermons of Maryland's most distinguished men of letters including the Rev. Thomas Bacon and Alexander Hamilton.
Peggy stewart Meeting Rooms of Historic Inns Annapolis

PEGGY STEWART

  • Located off the Atrium in the Governor Calvert House, this 273 sq. foot room is perfect for a small meeting, power lunch, or intimate dinner. It features French Doors out into the Atrium.
  • This room is named after Anthony Stewart's ship known as the Peggy Stewart which he named after his daughter. The ship arrived at Annapolis harbor loaded with 2,000 pounds of tea. Anthony paid tax on the tea and quietly moved it ashore. Soon afterwards, a group of citizens went to his house, angry that he paid an "English" tax. They gave him a choice - burn the ship or be hanged at his front door! On October 19, 1774, Anthony ran his ship aground and applied the torch himself.
Abram Claude Meeting Rooms of Historic Inns Annapolis

Abram Claude

  • Located in the back of the Governor Calvert House off the Atrium, this 540 sq. foot room features its own large bathroom as well as direct access to our Terrace. In this room you will find French Doors to the Atrium as well as large French Doors out to the Terrace.
  • This room honors Dr. Abram Claude who was the mayor of Annapolis from 1849-1851 and very influential within the state and local community. In 1854, Abram Claude bought the defunct Calvert House and enlarged the building and endowed it with Victorian features. The current Governor Calvert House still incorporates this Victorian feel and decor.
Rebecca Gerard Meeting Rooms of Historic Inns Annapolis

Rebecca Gerard

  • Located off the Atrium in the Governor Calvert House, this 273 sq. foot room is perfect for a small meeting. It features French Doors out into the Atrium.
  • This room is named after Governor Calvert's wife, Rebecca Gerard, the daughter of a prominent Prince George County merchant and planter. In 1720, Charles Calvert (a captain in the Grenadier Guards) bought the now Governor Calvert House. Shortly afterwards, he was appointed the Governor of Maryland by his cousin, the Fifth Lord Baltimore. Two years after his appointment is when he married the 16-year old Rebecca Gerard.
 
Please contact the Sales Office at [email protected] or 410-216-6320 to get the details on these historic Annapolis meeting rooms!
Quick MEETINGS AND EVENTS RFP
* Required Fields
Personal information collected is used solely for serving request for proposals and other marketing materials. Visit our privacy policy page to contact us to review or delete the data collected.
quis to top